Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replies not reaching Cutomer

Karen Alcala October 18, 2021

Hello, some of the emails sent to us through our website go directly to our SPAM folder and don't reach Jira, so I create the respective ticket on Jira on behalf of the customer's email, but those tickets seem to go to the customer's SPAM folder since we never receive a reply, is there a way of preventing this from happening? Can you please advise?

Thanks!
Sincerely,
Karen
Support Staff

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Hello @Karen Alcala,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For clarification to ensure we understand each other before providing a solution, please, let us know more details about your environment.

Are you using a custom incoming email address on the project? I’m asking because you mentioned:

emails sent to us through our website go directly to our SPAM folder

If that’s the case, it’s necessary to check on the settings of the email why customer emails are going to Spam, because Jira only reads emails from the inbox.

You can also check the mail logs to see the cause tickets are not created (in case they are processed by Jira). Go to Project settings > Email requests and click on “View logs”.

so I create the respective ticket on Jira on behalf of the customer's email

When creating tickets on behalf of the customer directly in Jira, it’s necessary to set a Request type. The Request type is what triggers notifications for customers, so if the field is set to “None” they won’t receive notifications.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 17.12.41.png

With this said, as a best practice, when creating tickets on behalf of the customer, select the Request type instead of the Issue type.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 17.15.53.png

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Karen Alcala October 21, 2021

Hey Angélica,

Thank you very much for your reply I will keep all your suggestions in mind and hopefully, everything works as needed, thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Karen

Support Staff

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS