Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopening an issue

sourabh.kamra January 11, 2023

How do I reopen an issue with the below work flow, so that I could change it to any status as a normal Jira issue and then further close it again, when its completed?

PS: This is Jira cloud instance.

workflow.jpg

3 answers

4 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi @sourabh.kamra 

You will need to add transitions from the Done type statuses to each of the other statuses you want to be able to open it to.

However, you will probably have to copy the workflow first to be able to edit it for those changes. Make changes to the copied workflow and then sub it out on your workflow scheme. 

Also, you should add a post function to each transition you add to clear the Resolution field. 

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

@sourabh.kamra -

As recommended by @John Funk , copying the the WF and the WF configuration scheme first will also ensure that you are not impacting other projects (if they are sharing the WF and WF configuration scheme with the WF/WF scheme that you are touching).

Other key importance that John mentioned which it must be done is to clear out the Resolution field value via post function when issues move from the terminal status (i.e. CLOSED) back to any other status.

Hope this also helps you.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Yellamla Akhil Reddy January 11, 2023

Hello @sourabh.kamra  you need to create a transition from closed to open by editing the workflow 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events