Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the Resolution status when transitioning an issue back to in progress

Ben June 7, 2022

I have an automation configured to move a ticket in resolved back to in progress if the ticket is updated by the requester.

The same workflow should also remove the resolution, however the automation refuses to do this. It does change the status, just doesn't remove the resolution.

The audit log says that the Field does not exist, however it clearly does as moving a ticket to resolved requires me to set the resolution.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

@Ben -

I would recommend you to review your WF to ensure the transition from Resolved to In Progress has a post function which clears out the resolution value.  Resolution value management is  controlled by the WF, and should not be managed outside of the WF (i.e. via automation rule).  The automation rule can be used to transition issue, however the resolution is controlled within the WF.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Ben June 7, 2022

Should I be clearing the "Resolution" value or the "Resolved" value?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

It is the Resolution value.   Resolved is the typically the WF status value.

Best, Joseph

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2022

@Ben, the suggestion from @Joseph Chung Yin is the only way to solve this. There isn't an API for Automation to be able to call that will achieve this. This is why you're getting the field error message. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events