Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipient cannot open file attached to the ticket - password is required

Isabelle September 14, 2022

Hello, 

Sometimes I do reply to my clients with a PDF File. It used to work fine until now, but not anymore, as the recipient cannot open the attached file. A password is required. 

Any suggestion please ? 

Thanks for the support

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ward DIJKHUIS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2022

Hi @Isabelle, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Could you check if you have 'Download attachments by logging in to the portal' checked under Project Settings -> Customer Notifications -> Attachment Security?

If you set Attachment security to 'Download attachments via a secured link (without logging in)' your customers should not need to login to download the PDF.

Isabelle September 20, 2022

thanks a lot ! it worked !

Like Ward DIJKHUIS likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira doesn't have anything that can add password protection to pdf files, the only thing that could have happened here is that whomever you got the pdf from has added password protection (inadvertently?) to it and attached it to your issue.

Isabelle September 15, 2022

Thanks for your reply. It does not look like the pdf itself is password protected - it opens a link trying to connect to Atlassian apparently - that's where the password is requested. 

Weird isn't it? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Ok, that implies you are clicking on a link to something else, not an attachment on an issue.  Coould you tell us exactly what you are clicking on when this happens?  And where it tries to take your browser, if you can see that?  (you say "it's trying to connect to Atlassian", so I guess there's something telling you that?)

If you want to avoid typing a "how do we get to it" essay, a screenshot of the area the clickable thing is in would be fine, with some of the area around the clickable thhing so we can work out the context (what specific jira page you are on - issue view, edit, a navigator bar, dashboard, etc).

Like Isabelle likes this
Isabelle September 20, 2022

thanks for your help.  As I am not the recipient I could not see the attachment issue myself. But I think I solved the problem within the settings with Ward's help. 

thanks again

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events