Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-indexing is running around 10 times slower and when using JSD portal we get error massage that it

Juhaina Almama October 13, 2020

Re-indexing is running around 10 times slower and when using JSD portal we get error massage that it can not send request, but the request is created any way

I did not get the error after finishing the indexing.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2020

10 times slower than what?  What did you change to make it so much longer?

Juhaina Almama October 13, 2020

After upgrading system to Jira 8.12.1  and JSD 4.12.1 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2020

Most of us find an upgrade increases indexing speed if nothing else.  I recently had a large 7.13 install that took 3.5 hours to index, moving to 8.5 took it down to 0.5 hours.

What version did you upgrade from, and what other changes were made?  Did you change disks, server, database, location of the system or anything else?

Juhaina Almama October 22, 2020

My problem is not only the time, my problem that customers can not use portal while running  "Background re-index" which mean downtime for the service.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2020

That should not be a problem most of the time - a background index is something you should be running infrequently and at a low-usage time.

What version did you upgrade from, and what other changes were made?  Did you change disks, server, database, location of the system or anything else?

Juhaina Almama October 27, 2020

From 7.13 to 8.12.1

JSD from  3.13 to 4.12.1

no change disks, server, database or location 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events