Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REmove jira-administrators from jira-servicedesk licenses

Marek Gwozdz February 26, 2018

I have installed jira-servicedesk 5 agents licenses

In the same instance i have also core jira server.

I have 3  jira-administrators users.  All these users are using my service desk agent licesnses!!!  I need admins to manage core users and don't need them to have access to service desk.

How to remove jira-administrators from jira-servicedesk?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2018

Hello,

Go to Applications -> Application Access and you will see all groups, which let users become agents. Remove your admin group from the list.

Hope Pettway April 25, 2019

Hello, I've tried doing this and while it successfully removes the group on the permissions page, I get an error message in Service Desk and jira-admin members are still counted as agents.  Any advice?

Vinícius Ferrão May 28, 2019

I have a similar issue. But with Jira Software. The admins should not consume the license, they don't even develop. They only configure the system.

David Lord February 1, 2021

Was this issue ever resolved? I am experiencing the same thing. My sit admins are taking up Jira Service Management licenses when they don't need to be. 

Hope Pettway February 1, 2021

@David Lord I can share what I did.  

Settings > Products > Product Access

Then ensure that Service Desk only has the "jira-servicedesk-users" group added.  My JIRA admins are no longer counting for the agent seat. Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 1.39.38 PM.png

Like # people like this
David Lord February 1, 2021

That was exactly what I needed to do. Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events