Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST and JAVA APIs for JIRA Service Desk

JAMES KHOR September 2, 2020

My company is implementing JIRA Service Desk to integrate to a call center solution. I can only find documentation on the REST and JAVA APIs. However, where can i find the APIs for JIRA Service Desk which the call center solution can integrate to it?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

James

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2020

The REST APIs are what you use to get other systems to talk to Jira.

For the Service Desk specific REST API see https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-servicedesk/REST/3.6.2/

(You can still use all the calls for plain Jira Core too, as Service Desk is an application that runs on top of Core)

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the reply. May i know where i can download the APIs, not the documentation?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2020

What are you expecting to get from "downloading the API"?

May i interpret there is no plugin needed to download for the integration? As JIRA Service Desk is communicating using REST APIs which is web services, so there is no need for any plugin to download. Is my understanding correct?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2020

Yes, that's what an API does.

The analogy I was given years ago was two humans talking to each other on the 'phone

• We use mostly ears to hear each other when we converse.
  • We need to have enough of a common language to communicate well
  • The API docs give you the language the computer understands, and you could say you could "download" that by learning the other person's language
  • A (REST) API is the ears of the other person - you don't download the other person's ears in order to talk to them...
Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events