cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REQUEST TYPE MODIFICATION

Zacher Viktor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2023

Hi,

I would like to ask for advice on setting up our projects. We provide several different services in the ITSM area, our customers can choose from different services according to their needs. (we currently have about 10 service types, which may change over time) The types of requests vary by service.

If I create a separate project for each customer, I have to set the request types separately. If they change in the future, do I have to change them one by one for each project?

If I manage all clients under one project, my problem is that everyone can see all the options for all services.

1 answer

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Zacher Viktor 

On your question yes, you will need to change them on every project as request types are project based.

The other option is to move to the premium plan. This would allow you to use Assets (CMDB).

By creating a scheme in assets you would be able to relate services to customers and limit visualisation on creating issues.

This off course has a financial impact.

You could also look into marketplace apps, if there is an app that would provide a solutio.

Zacher Viktor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2023

Hi @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam 

Thank you for your answer. 

If I understand correctly, with the premium solution, could we serve all our customers using one project (with the assets set up correctly)?

Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Zacher Viktor 

Yes you could.

Assets is the former app Insight for Jira. It's a CMDB app, so if you create your scheme correctly you are able to setup organisations and services and link services to organisations that use the services.

You can find all documentation on assets here if you want to have more context 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events