Quick question re Jira Service Desk Screens and Workflows

Deleted user January 22, 2020

Hi,

I have 2 service desks set up and both use the same issue type scheme, workflow scheme, screen scheme and field scheme and I wondered the following.

Project 1 is the main service desk and Project 2 is using Project 1's schemes as described above.

Can I theoretically delete the workflows, workflow schemes, screens etc for Project 2 as they are not in use and not affect the operation of the Project 2 (as it's using Project 1's schemes).

I'm sure I can but I'm just being cautious and gathering some info before taking the plunge.

thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

Hello @[deleted] 

IF they are not in use aka inactive you can delete it without affecting the project.

IF project/projects is not associated with it you can delete it 

Everything that is associated with the project can't and shouldn't be deleted, so basically if you open your project settings everything used there shouldn't be deleted also Jira won't let you delete workflow that's assigned to a workflow scheme.

Quoting Atlassian 

"Before deleting an issue type scheme, we recommend making sure all projects are associated with another scheme."

BR, Olga

Thanks Olga,
I'm likely to leave things as they are and not chance it. I only have the 2 x service desks in operation and it's not too bad just wanted to keep things tidy.

Thanks Nic.

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

No problem, you can delete unnecessary scheme, it multiplies over time.

You should keep things nice and clean, you can always make a new workflow, edit existing and so on.

Sorry if my post turned out harsh, I just wanted to write it clearly, I deleted a few things that shouldn't be deleted when starting with Jira.

Also, Jira has a great thing, you can't delete something associated with a project without associating a project with another scheme.

0 votes

@Olga Videc that's not a problem appreciate your input.

Think I've pretty much worked out what I should and shouldn't do just good to get some other thoughts sometimes.

Thanks again Nic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events