Queue Management & Active Sync - Active Directory / LDAP for Users using 2 different Domains

Christian Stratmann March 10, 2021

We have finished our Service processes and all ITSM Documentation, now the challenge begins with the implementation of Jira Service Manager as the Standardize Service Desk / Ticket System for our IT and Support Department.

I am looking for a contact within Atlassian who can help us out with some questions around the product. We have an external consultant who is responsible for all Jira implementations who will be implementing Jira.

We have 2 main questions which are very important when building up our POC for the ITSM Tool or Service Desk.

1. Queue Management, we have the information that Deviniti offers good Addons which can help us out building the desired project. Though is this the best approach when attempting to Manage Queues and work with IT Teams as Queues as for example 1st Level IT Support – 2nd Level and 3rd Level?
  2. The group works with 2 Active Directories or 2 different domains and we require to have something like an active sync of all users in the group, we know from our consultant that Jira does not offer this Out of the Box but that there are some possibilities within Addons, could you please help us out here, from your perspective which Addons or best practices are the best when attempting to do this, as we wish to import the user´s Information from AD such as Adress, Department, Manager, etc. and we require to sync the users to Jira from 2 different Domains, is this possible? And how would be the best approach, we have read the is something called “Enhanced User Profile” as an Addon.

Please do not hesitate if more information is required, I would like to set a Call if this is also possible to introduce our Service Desk Manager. I am an external ITSM consultant of the group.   

Thank you very much!

Christian Stratmann

Ext. ITSM Consultant - Grand City Property

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2021

Hello Christian,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our Product Advocates and they already helped you with your request.

Feel free to share the information here to help other community members that may have the same question.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events