Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question.

PO Palash August 18, 2022

Can anyone please guide me on how I can connect multiple object schema? I've watched several videos on it, but I didn't find anything useful.

I made 2 separate schemas named employee schema and asset schema, and now I want to connect those in a manner when I open the graph view, I'll show me which asset is assigned by whom.

Regards, Palash

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2022

Hi @PO Palash to allow objects in one schema to be referenced by objects in another schema you need to configure the object schema settings. In the Object schema settings you need to enable setting Allow others to select objects from this schema. For your scenario, if you wanted employee objects to be able to reference hardware objects, you would need to enable that setting within the hardware object schema. And vice versa if you want hardware objects to reference employee objects. Check out Atlassian's documentation about this: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/allow-other-schemas-to-reference-objects-from-a-schema/

You need to create references between objects before you'll be able to view those connections in the graph view. When you're viewing an object in graph view there's a configure button, looks like a gear, and you can adjust the reference depth and inbound reference count.

Consider this scenario:

• 3 objects: ObjectA, ObjectB, ObjectC
  • ObjectA references ObjectB
  • Object B references ObjectC

When viewing ObjectA, a reference depth of 1 would show you ObjectA and it's connection to ObjectB. A reference depth of 2 would show you ObjectA and it's connection to ObjectB, and ObjectB's connection to ObjectC. 

The inbound reference count is described as:

The max. number of Inbound References from the same Object Type, before grouping them together as a single node

So if ObjectA had 20 references to ObjectB, and the inbound reference count was set to 20, you would see all 20 connections to ObjectB. If the inbound reference count was set lower, say 10, then the 20 references to ObjectB would just be grouped as 1 singular connection.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hey @PO Palash ,

You can connect Object Schema's the same way as you connect Objects.

You'll have to add an attribute to one of the sides (or both, cause it's not bi-directional) and the object will be of type "Object" in the configuration then you can select the object type to link to which would be located in the other Schema.

PO Palash August 19, 2022

@Dirk Ronsmans, Is Atlassian has some video reference ? I've done these, what you suggested, but the thing is that I'm kind of clueless.

For Example, I'm attaching an img; here, I want to connect the employee object schema and the hardware object schema. And one more thing here, I'm unable to see all these object schemas tougher as a graph view.

Please guide me.

Screenshot 2022-08-19 143143.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events