Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about organization permissions

lsi_bolszyca November 17, 2021

Hi, I have a few questions regarding customer/organization permission settings.

Let's assume I have a customer. Customer is one of workers of our client company. Customer is assigned to the organization. How can I achieve following scenarions in Jira SM:

1) Customer creates a ticket. His ticket should be automatically visible to his company management but should not be automatically shared with other company workers.

2) Customer works in multi-team company. Customer creates a ticket. His ticket should be automatically visible to other workers from his team, but not visible to workers from other teams.

Is there any clean "settings only" way to achieve above scenarios or does it need automation rules or scripting? I cannot find any organization settings/permission beside the ones on customer settings page. I also cannot find any way to mark certain customers as "management" of their organization.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

Hi @lsi_bolszyca 

Unfortunately you can't do that per se and with a clean settings only way. There are workarounds, but these will add overhead and additional maintenance.

1. For this requirement, but it depends on how you have set up your JSM project, you could disable the "share with organization" option and use organizations to create teams for the customer and his/her management colleagues. The con is that each request will be visible only to certain people.
  2. For this requirement I would  again separate teams to organizations. Each organization would be a different team and each will have visibility to its own requests. But again it depends on how you have setup your JSM project.

Perhaps a bit more info would help more.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events