Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries submited by email

Paulo Barbosa June 4, 2021

Any queries submitted by email are not being received on the Jira Service Management Portal.

Are we missing any customisation?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi @Paulo Barbosa 

Welcome to the Community!

Is this an email you've set up, or the one the Jira provides?

Thanks,

Liam

it's the default email account. I see in the logs the error message "Signup is not currently available"

thank you!

Paulo

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi

Could you get a screenshot of the error log and also of the email settings page please?

See below as requested.

Paulo

settings.PNGemail log failed.PNG

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2021

Hi @Paulo Barbosa 

Are you listed as a 'customer' on this project?

I am an Agent and Admin

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2021

Can you add yourself as a customer and see if that resolves please?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

? But you don’t want to be a customer and an agent. That will cause notification issues.

Is the issue that any email sent to the configured default email address not resulting in issues being created? If so is the email request fully configured i.e. is there a request type assigned to the email address?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2021

@Jack Brickey I see where you're coming from, but isn't the issue here related to the fact that only customers can send emails to log tickets on this service desk?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

Hmmm, to be honest I’m unsure about that. Have you tried that?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2021

I've just tested it, and the ticket was created ... so my point is incorrect!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events