Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public and Private Service Desks

Marco Peters February 25, 2015

At our company we want to use Service Desk for our internal customers (inter departmental services) and for our external customers. We want to prevent our external customer to see all Service Desks for our internal usage.

I can establish this with explicitly selecting users to be able to access a particular Service Desk. For external customers this is not an issue but for our internal customers (internal users) I don't want to have maintenance on users.

If a user is an internal user (employee) it has access to all Service Desks. Customers as in external users only have access to specific Service Desks.

Regards,

Marco

1 answer

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2015

Hi, Marco.

I don't know if you're using the new or the old billing model, but either way, you can accomplish that by adding the internal customers as customers to all SDs and the external users to some SDs.

If the external users are any users, you can also make some service desk public, so anyone can create issues there (new billing).

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Marco Peters February 25, 2015

Thanks Jaime, What do you mean with adding? Manual adding? This is exactly what I want to prevent. I am searching for an option where I for example can allow access to a ServiceDesk based on a usergroup. Kind regards, Marco

Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2015

Well, if your internal and external users belong to groups, you can manage that using groups.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events