Public сomment via email

Thomas August 14, 2020

Hey, community. Need some help.

My customers are sending requests via email. The portal is currently out of use. All new requests and comments to them come by email and are handled by the JETI (Jira Email This Issue) app. Customer accounts are stored in AD and are connected to JSD by an external directory.

Problem!

When a customer sends an email to the address handled by the email handler - a request or comment to an already existing request is generated. Let's focus on the creation of comments: the formed comment becomes Internal by default.

Question!

How do I make customers send an email, and it creates a Public comment by default instead of an Internal comment?

This is a real problem for me, which I don't know how to solve. I hope that there is someone here who knows how to do something about it.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2020

If the user is for sure a Customer then any email they send associated with an issue will be public. Note- if the user in fact is a user with Jira access then they are not a true customer.

Thomas August 17, 2020

@Jack Brickeycan you guide me on how to change users to customers whose accounts are hosted in AD?

Company employee accounts (AD) are linked to the JSD. Of all users, some are agents. Agents are assigned to projects. How to assign all other users as customers? Where to look, for security schemes or...?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2020

I don't use AD, however, defining a user as a Customer or agent is done directly in JSD project under project settings > people and selecting the proper role.

Thomas August 17, 2020

Yes, I've tried that (set up the role for the user - customer), but the comment is still created as Internal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events