Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide temporary access to customers

Karishma May 6, 2021

Is there a way or means to provide temporary access to customers, we are looking for a way to add customers to Jira service cloud who are evaluating products but do not have support yet.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Yes, add them as customers, then remove them when you don't need them any more.

I think there's a deeper use-case than you've described here though.  Could you expand on that?  My answer only caters for what you've asked, and I think there's more to it.

Karishma May 6, 2021

So these eval customers would need help regards the product, we may need to open requests answering questions etc. for few weeks to few months. Instead of adding them as customers can they be cc'ed in the request or not.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Ok, but why would they not be customers at this point?  They need the same access as customers as you describe it.

Karishma May 6, 2021

Since not evals could turn into real customers or they may or may not buy the product. At this point they are potential customers.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

I was using "customer" in the sense of Jira account type.

These potential customers need access to your service desk so they can open requests for questions, get responses and so-on.  Which is exactly the same as your real customers usage.

So you might as well add them as (Jira SD) customers, and remove them when you don't need them any more.

You might want to put them in an organisation together so you can identify them, and you might not want them to have access to the same portals as your real customers (until they become one), but that's a matter for the portals, not the account type.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events