Project selection from email domain.

exino October 7, 2020

I have several projects in my JIRA Service Desk. I want to use one email address for all projects. Is there a way to select a proper project from customer's email domain?

2 answers

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

Hi @exino and welcome to the community,

Our setup uses a similar idea. We have one email address and use mail rules to send them to seperate folder based on the project.

Within JIRA you can set up a mailhandler and when using an IMAP incoming mail server you can select a different folder than the INBOX.

So you'll have to move the messages based on their domain to a "project" folder in the mailbox which can then be read by individual mail handlers.

image.png

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-938847641.html 

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

Hi Exino, 

I don't think this can be done native. 

I'm assuming by your request about domain (instead of username or group) that your servicedesks are open for unknown users?

You could look into an app called email this issue, where you can process incoming mails based on content, sender address and many more. 

- Tessa

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events