• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Project selection from email domain.

exino I'm New Here Oct 07, 2020

I have several projects in my JIRA Service Desk. I want to use one email address for all projects. Is there a way to select a proper project from customer's email domain?

2 answers

Hi @exino and welcome to the community,

Our setup uses a similar idea. We have one email address and use mail rules to send them to seperate folder based on the project.

Within JIRA you can set up a mailhandler and when using an IMAP incoming mail server you can select a different folder than the INBOX.

So you'll have to move the messages based on their domain to a "project" folder in the mailbox which can then be read by individual mail handlers.

image.png

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-938847641.html 

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers Community Leader Oct 07, 2020

Hi Exino, 

I don't think this can be done native. 

I'm assuming by your request about domain (instead of username or group) that your servicedesks are open for unknown users?

You could look into an app called email this issue, where you can process incoming mails based on content, sender address and many more. 

- Tessa

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

182 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you