Did you mean: 

Project Automation - Triggers are not working

Chad Cooper October 9, 2020

I can't get triggers to work properly to create sub-tasks

This doesn't work

Automation 1.jpg

Nor this

Automation 2.jpg

But this does as a work around. Of course if the request is re-assigned then the sub-tasks are duplicated.

Automation 3.jpg

"Issue created" and "Issue migration" triggers miss the requests and I can't figure out how to fix it. The JQL Condition can see the requests but the triggers skip over it

Automation 4.jpg

What am I doing wrong?????

2 answers

0 votes
Sherry Goyal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2020

Hello @Chad Cooper 

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked for Issue created one. Seems like you are doing fine. I suspect that condition didn't meet when you created a new ticket of a particular "Request Type" you are interested in and hence subtask was not created. I would request you to share the audit log (see link to know where you can find audit logs) after running the rule, to know what exactly is missing.

Also may I suggest to bit simplify it and get rid of the JQL condition.

Something like: 

Trigger: Issue created
Condition: Issue Fields Condition (just from dropdown select Request type as "Field" and value again from dropdown).
Action: Create subtask

Waiting for more details.

Cheers
Sherry(A4j)

0 votes
Joseph M Multy October 10, 2020

Well, how many task you created that not able to work trigger on your side, I depends on your sub tasks quantity that you created, I would suggest you to create another enode and access triggers from there..

Regards 

Joseph M Multy 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events