• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Project Automation - Triggers are not working

I can't get triggers to work properly to create sub-tasks

This doesn't work

Automation 1.jpg

Nor this

Automation 2.jpg

But this does as a work around. Of course if the request is re-assigned then the sub-tasks are duplicated.

Automation 3.jpg

"Issue created" and "Issue migration" triggers miss the requests and I can't figure out how to fix it. The JQL Condition can see the requests but the triggers skip over it

Automation 4.jpg

What am I doing wrong?????

2 answers

0 votes

Well, how many task you created that not able to work trigger on your side, I depends on your sub tasks quantity that you created, I would suggest you to create another enode and access triggers from there..

Regards 

Joseph M Multy 

Hello @Chad Cooper 

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked for Issue created one. Seems like you are doing fine. I suspect that condition didn't meet when you created a new ticket of a particular "Request Type" you are interested in and hence subtask was not created. I would request you to share the audit log (see link to know where you can find audit logs) after running the rule, to know what exactly is missing.

Also may I suggest to bit simplify it and get rid of the JQL condition.

Something like: 

Trigger: Issue created
Condition: Issue Fields Condition (just from dropdown select Request type as "Field" and value again from dropdown).
Action: Create subtask

Waiting for more details.

Cheers
Sherry(A4j)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

227 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you