Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Access and Licensing

Calvary Zender September 12, 2022

I am new to Jira and would like to use Jira for Project Management and keeping our project stakeholders up to date. We are already using Jira Service Management for a service desk portal, so the transition will be easy. However, I had a few questions about licensing and who will be able to have access to a separate project under the same domain. Here is the situation:

We have a license for a domain e.g. DOMAIN.atlassian.net. We have set up our Service Desk Portal as a Project called IT Service Desk. I have created a separate Project for an IT Project for a hardware migration, let's call it Computer Project, which is currently set to Private. 

• If I change the Computer Project Access to 'Limited,' will anyone with access to IT Service Desk also be able to view the Computer Project?
  • Will any users who are not already in our Jira domain (which is Active Directory synced) be able to create an account and view the Computer Project or will I need to purchase licenses for them? I am referring to vendors and other stakeholders I may need to share view access to.
  • Is there an admin and a customer portal for all Projects like there is for the IT Service Desk, or was that a customized setup?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Calvary

1 answer

0 votes
Mamatha Dharmavaram September 13, 2022

Hi @Calvary Zender 

1. Actually if the user accessing the project through portal like raising the ticket, view the ticket in the portal for that no need of license. If the user is the assignee of the IT service desk project issues , he/she should have the license.

2. If the user have access/license to the service projects , even though they don't have access to view the other projects. People those who invite to the service projects they can only view the projects inside.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events