Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product and Customer Issue Tracking

Azriel June 15, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to build a service platform where I can track the products we manufacture and log the Jira issues associated with that sold product, as well as the customer who has that product. The customers have a service portal that they have access to in JSM.

Does anyone know how I can implement this? I see that there are CRM modules on the marketplace, but I don't think that allows product tracking. And I cannot find a module that tracks products.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

Have a look at Insight for Jira Service Management. Although it is marketed as a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for IT service management (ITSM), it is a flexible and extensible object management system. You could use it to track products, and even enable users to enter the serial or model numbers of a product to load that product or model from a database and associate it with an issue. In time, you'll see which models are having issues and with good service management hygiene practices, see what aspects of your manufactured products are giving your customers grief. 

As you are looking to track the customers who purchase your products, it could be used for that purpose, but you may get frustrated with Insight's lack of integration with marketing and commerce platforms and tools. For that, there are better solutions on the market. Do consider carefully what matters to your organisation.

Azriel June 16, 2021

Hi @Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH) 

Thanks for your input, much appreciated!!

I noticed that Insights is only available in the Premium version of JSM and not as a marketplace app. I will try to figure out a solution.

Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events