Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating service desk in service desk

Advisers Financial Solutions January 5, 2021

Hello, I am configuring a service desk for the first time, I already have the Service Desk application installed but when creating the project it does not appear to select Service Desk.

Información licencia:

licenciaServiceDesk.png

Crear proyecto:

crearProyecto.pngProyectos.png

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Hmm this is a bit strange, must say a first timer for me.

Would try a few things:

- can you verify that no errors happened during the installation in your atlassian-jira.log file? (This is found in Jira app data folder / log / atlassian-jira.log )

- if you go to Manage Apps, toggle on 'All apps', and look up 'Jira Service Desk', are all modules enabled? There should be 3 modules which get those project templates in the Create project menu, so just make sure they are actually on

I don't know for sure but think these should be 'customer-service-desk-project', 'itil-v2-service-desk-project' and 'basic-service-desk-project'.

All in all, all modules should by default be enabled, except maybe disabled analytics but anyway, sometimes plugins fail enabling some for a couple of reasons.

- is it possible to restart the instance and tail the log file again to see if any errors come up?

Edit:

While at the Manage Apps page, when you toggle 'All apps' and search for 'Service Desk', are any plugins disabled and if so, which ones?

Thank you very much for your reply That's right, I get that there are no modules installed to serve Management How can these be installed?modulosHabilitafos.png

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Huh, strange one. I could see this happen when installing a plugin which was missing dependencies -- you would definitely see stack traces in the atlassian-jira.log file if this would be the case.

When you hover over each module an "Enable" button should pop up. Does this work and get them enabled, or does it error out?

I spent the whole afternoon trying to fix the problem but couldn't, I made the decision to reinstall JIRA. Any concerns I will be communicating to you Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events