Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the gadget : Tempo Account Personalized Budget Burn Up Chart

Julien Bedia October 21, 2021

Hello

We want to create a dashboard that uses the Tempo Account Personalized Budget Burn-up Chart gadget in order to follow the progress of the budget and the hours of work carried out on a project.

We previously created a Service Project and added support tickets, we also added working hours on tickets using the tempo tool.

At the same time on tempo we created an account and we associated a budget as well as link the project previously created.

Now when we add the gadget in the dashboard, we have the budget inserted in tempo which is indeed active but the hours that we added in the project tickets are not taken into account in the graph (work line).

Thanking you.

Best regards.

1 comment

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Julien Bedia

Can you please make sure that the user who is viewing the gadget has the "Approve Timesheet" permission for the Team that the users, who are logging time on this Account, are members of .

Please take a look at https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/tempo-gadgets.html for more information about which permissions are required for Tempo Gadgets. 

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team 

Like Julien Bedia likes this

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

First for all, thank you for your quick response.

How can i find the "Approve Timesheet" permission ? 

I admit that i am a beginner in using Jira.

I share with you a picture of my problem.

Best regards,

Bedia Julien

tempo.png

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Julien Bedia

The "Approve Timesheet" permission is a Tempo specific permission. Team leads get this permission by default (it is a permission that give access to view and approve Timesheets of team members).

For information how to give users this permission, please check out https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/permissions-in-tempo/tempo-team-permissions.html

Best regards,
Susanne 

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

Great thanks I will watch this with my Jira administrator.

Can I then subsequently link the "Tempo Account Personalized Budget Burn-up Chart" gadget with the new created team? Because I have the impression that it is only linked to an Account and not to a Team

Best regards,

BEDIA Julien

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2021

This gadget is connected to the selected Account. 

To view the worklogs of all users who are working on issues that are connected to the Account, you need to have the permission for all teams that these users are members of. 

Best regards,
Susanne 

If I understood correctly

Users who add time must have the "Approve Timesheet" permission in a team and these users must be part of an account that is linked to the gadget.

(sorry for my ignorance)

Best regards,

BEDIA Julien

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2021

The user(s) who needs to view the worklog information in the gadget needs to have this permission. 

To add worklogs to the issues that are linked to the Account used in the gadget only need to have the permission to "Browse Project" and "Work on issue" permission for the JIRA project (these are JIRA project permissions).

As you might not want all users to see the worklog information of others (or approve their timesheets), the "Approve Timesheet" permission should be given on a "needs to have" basis.

Best regards,
Susanne

I have created the team and assigned the right permissions, however I come back to the same problem, the gadget does not display the curve corresponds to the working hours (previously added in a project support ticket)

Best regards,

Julien

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2021

Hi @Julien Bedia ,

Could you please create a ticket for this in our Tempo Support system (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6) so we can better follow up on this.

Screenshots and information about the permissions the viewer has will be helpful.

Best regards,
Susanne 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events