Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Confluence and JSD

Gui Ávila October 19, 2020

Hello,

For days I'm trying to set up and customize my Knowledge base and Help Center portal, but Atlassian has very few built in customizations. Using the built in customizations, it's not possible to make it ready for customers.

- I can't have a public Knowledge for customers. Well, I could send customers to Confluence link directly (I already set confluence to public access), but people would see all this http://prntscr.com/v2hwdl. Atlassian does not allow to hide these elements.

- In Jira Service Desk, there is not a way for customers to see all articles of the knowledge base. Yes, I already linked my proper Confluence space to JSD. But JSD only shows the single articles we add to categories and the automatic suggestion when someone submits a new request. I can't understand why there is not a way for customers navigate through the hole Knowledge base articles. There's not a menu showing articles list, etc.

So the solution is install a third party app, like Refined or Scroll Viewport. But then, all these problems happens:

- We loose the review at the end of the article http://prntscr.com/v2hv5h

- We loose the "need to open a new request" Call to Action at the end of the article http://prntscr.com/v2hvpc

- Customers can't send request without a login because of Atlassian API limitation. They are forced to create an account and only then they can send a request. That's horrible for pre sales questions, etc.

- We loose many of the multi language settings.

- Lots of macros does not work with these third party apps. And others has limitations/bugs.

- The automatic articles suggestion when submitting a new request does not work.

- When replying a customer in JSD issue, if you automatically attach a Knowledbe base article, the link is from Confluence and not from the Knowledge base built with the third party app. So customers click and go to Confluence, which does not make sense.

- The "see request" link in the automatic notification when submitting a new request is from JSD, not from the help desk built with the third party app. So customers will click there and see a different place (JSD portal), which they are not used to. It seems they are in the wrong place.

This is very frustrating. Atlassian could easily solve the problem simply by adding a menu for Confluence articles in JSD (if that JSD is linked to a Confluence space). That would provide a public knowledge base for all customers.

I can't believe that I'm the only one going through these problems. I decided to share here to see if someone has a better idea of what to do. Maybe I am doing something wrong and there is a solution...

Thanks a lot!

Gui.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2020

Hello Gui,

Thank you for your feedback. 

Regarding the public knowledge base, there are some features suggesting to hide these options, but even though they can see, they do not have permission to use it.

In Jira Service Desk, there is not a way for customers to see all articles of the knowledge base.

There is also a suggestion for this:

The workaround would be adding a link to Confluence on the announcement banner, so customers can check it once they access the portal main page. 

So the solution is install a third party app, like Refined or Scroll Viewport. 

I'd suggest reaching out to their support to address these issues or to suggest improvements.

Regards,
Angélica

Gui Ávila October 28, 2020
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2020

Hi Gui,

I tested both links here using incognito and it's working. There are no restrictions, both are public features.

Can you try accessing using incognito or another browser?

Gui Ávila November 3, 2020

@Angélica Luz Now they worked. Thanks!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events