Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProForma date not the same

Peng Zhou July 5, 2022

Hello,

I created a form and the date in the form and example shows like this 

image.png

According to the forms, the format is dd/MM/yyyy.

However, in the customer portal the format is M/d/yyyy

image.png

Anyone know how to fix this? My language settings are in English (UK)

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peng Zhou July 6, 2022

I just found the answer. If anyone wants to know, in the settings you have to change the language to English (UK) as well.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

@Peng Zhou -

Based on my experience/knowledge - dates are displayed in correspondence with the locale selected in your Jira language settings. For example, if English (US) is selected you'll see dates in the specified format.

Even the format in the form is different then what you see in the portal, it will still be the same date format value when the issue is created.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Peng Zhou July 6, 2022

That's strange since my language is English (UK) which should not portait the wrong format. It must be a bug

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

@Peng Zhou -

So before your fix, the Language setting is different between your account versus the system setting?

Best, Joseph 

Peng Zhou July 6, 2022

Yes, apparently a form has its own language setting found in the form settings. The standard is User setting but it didn't work as my profile setting was English (UK). So I manually changed that form language to English (UK)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events