Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Privacy and Security questions surrounding user accounts and access

Hello Jira Community,

I am new to the board and my organization uses SSO and Two-Factor authentication to access Jira Service Management(JSM). Please kindly advise of the below questions:

1. For users that get locked out of their account due to failed attempts, does Jira inform the users that their accounts have been locked out? We'd like to simplify our helpdesk interactions and reduce user frustration should their account meet the threshold for lockouts.

2.  What security mechanism does JSM employ in instances of lockouts? 

A) Do account lockouts consider brute-force attacks(i.e. lots of usernames with a few passwords)?

B) Do account lockouts prompts leak or provide the validity of the usernames? We're hoping that usernames are not validated on the frontend.

Thank you.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

192 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you