Possibility to change predetermined text in Service Desk Portal?

Lukas Gundlach November 23, 2020

Hey there,

is it possible to change the text "Kontaktieren Sie uns zu" in the Service Desk portal? I have not found the settings to do this by now. It's just about the kind of language we have with our employees, in Germany the "Sie"-form is more unpersonal, so we would like to replace it with "Kontaktiere uns zu"

Contact text.png

Kind regards

Lukas

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Hey @Lukas Gundlach ,

When you click on that, does the form open or is an email triggered?

You should see all translations when you go to the project -> project settings -> Language support. (choose German)

There you can see what can/has been translated and adapt if needed.

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans

no, this is not a hyperlink, just text. Yeah, I know this and I translated everything in English since we have German as a default language.

However, this part is not shown anywhere. I guess it is some predefined Jira Text then?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Hmm, is that then not juts the welcome text that you can configure under

Project Settings -> Portal Settings ?

image.pngThe german text sounds like this in English :)

Yes, that's it, except the field after the paperplane symbol "Kontaktieren Sie uns zu" :) It's not so important, but it would be nice, to customize that section also

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2020

Well if it’s really a hardcoded section you can raise a suggestion in the translation project. 
https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/TRANS/

Like Lukas Gundlach likes this
Lukas Gundlach November 24, 2020

Thanks, I will do this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events