Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal permissions

Jill Streur March 15, 2019

I am setting up the portal so that my customers can view their open tickets.

I set up a customer "Acme", and there are several people in that customer that I want to have access to the portal.  Some of them- I want to see all of the customers ticket, and some I only want them to be able to see their own tickets.  I set it up like that, but it does not work like I thought it would.  How do I set up one user to not only be able to see his ticket, but all the tickets of all of their employees?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2019

Hi Jill,

I assume you're using the server version of Jira Service Desk.

If the users share the same mail domain (like acme.com), they are normally put into one organisation inside service desk (check the customer option on the sidebar).

If a user belongs to only a single organisation, tickets created by him are automatically shared with his organisation, but he can choose to keep them private. You can check this by viewing the ticket/issue details and check the organizations field, grouped together with the other person fields (author/reporter, assignee, watchers, request participants, etc). If another user of that organisation logs into the service desk frontend, he can filter & search all tickets by his organisation.

You might want to check:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/managing-access-to-your-service-desk-939926273.html

Best regards,

JP

Jill Streur March 18, 2019

I am using the cloud version.

I have the organization set up, and now I want to add my current customers to the organization - but this is not an option.  How do I get these customers AND their tickets to show under the organization - so that they can be viewed in the portal by the customers?  

1 vote
Jean-Théo [Adaptavist]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

Hello @Jill Streur ,

I believe the best way to do that would be :

1. Make sure all the users have the portal access
  2. Create an organization in the Service desk project
  3. Add users you want to see all the request to the organization you just created
  4. Add the other users as simple customers (not in the organization)

I hope this helps,

JT

Jill Streur March 18, 2019

Good morning,

I have the organization set up, and now I want to add my current customers to the organization - but this is not an option.  How do I get these customers AND their tickets to show under the organization - so that they can be viewed in the portal by the customers?  

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

Hi Jill,

Not to overload you with answers, but the organization set up is a little limiting.  You could look into using Issue Security.  So all issues are shared with the organization but then the issue security only allows the reporter and X-group, role to see an issue.  The X-group or role, being your super users.

Hope that helps

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events