Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Groups - Is this a good approach

Steven Lees-Smith May 2, 2022

Hi there,

Just pondering about how to setup portal groups.  We have about 7 different incident request types (Hardware, Software, Email, Access etc etc).

I was thinking about having them in a 'Report an Incident' and a single form with a drop down box that listed all the incidents.  Then the 'Forms' section visibility would display the fields we need to capture based on what the user selected.

My issue is then all the 'Requests' have their own portal group (Hardware, Software, Email, Access, Transfers, Storage etc etc).

Should I keep the incidents in the portal groups that they relate to, Hardware Incident along with the various Hardware Requests are all just in the Hardware Portal Group.

I like the idea of the incidents just being all in the one spot so someone goes to the same place to report all their incidents, just wondering what the wider view of this approach is.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2022

Hi @Steven Lees-Smith 

Really, there isn't one correct answer here - either way works.

If I were you, I would...

• Create two JSM Projects
  • Setup one to have all hardware requests under a Portal Group
  • Set the other to have all incidents under a Portal Group
  • Test both Projects with a selection of your own users, and get their feedback

Your own users will be able to give you the best feedback as they need to use the Portal - and this way, you can show you value their opinion, which can also help with adoption!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events