Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placeholders on Insight custom field

Mariano Redondo December 14, 2021

I have an Insight schema with object type "Users", with an attribute "Manager" which is a reference to the same "Users" object.

On the other side, I have a service request on Jira Service Management side where I want to select an user (from Insight Users objects) and then get its manager on another read only Insight custom field, but I can not make it work.

On the read only custom field I´m trying this IQL on Filter Assign Scope:

object HAVING inboundReferences("userAD" = ${customfield_10308.userAD})

customfield_10308 is the Insight custom field to select the user.

userAD is the attribute of "Users" object type that stores the username, and it is the attribute I want to use to do the search as it is unique. I´m sure the problem is on the reference to the attribute on the custom field (customfield_10308.userAD)

It works if I reference the object name instead:

object HAVING inboundReferences("Name" = ${customfield_10308.name})

But I don´t want to to this way, as we could have more than one user with the same name (Name attribute stores the full name of the user). So question is if it is possible to reference any attribute of the object type on the placeholder, or only some specific ones, like Name or Label. 

I made id to work using an Insight post function, but i´d rather using an insight custom field Assign scope if possible.

Regards,

Mariano.

2 answers

0 votes
Shiwani Choudhary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

We cannot directly refer to object attributes with placeholders. You can only use properties like Key or Label with Insight custom-field placeholders.

You may try below given IQL

object HAVING outR(objectType=userAD AND object HAVING inR(Key=${customfield_XXXXX})) 

@Shiwani Choudhary  is your suggestion expected to work for Jira Cloud ?

According to this, it is not supported yet:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10989

0 votes
Arkadiusz Baka January 19, 2022

Hi,

I think that a problem is that this attribute is an Object.

Try use something like that: 

object HAVING inboundReferences(objecttype=User and "Key" = ${customfield_10308.key}) and objectType in ("User")

you can also add "referenceTypes" to this IQL if you have more references:

inboundReferences(IQL, referenceTypes)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events