Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Placeholders on Insight custom field

I have an Insight schema with object type "Users", with an attribute "Manager" which is a reference to the same "Users" object.

On the other side, I have a service request on Jira Service Management side where I want to select an user (from Insight Users objects) and then get its manager on another read only Insight custom field, but I can not make it work.

On the read only custom field I´m trying this IQL on Filter Assign Scope:

object HAVING inboundReferences("userAD" = ${customfield_10308.userAD})

customfield_10308 is the Insight custom field to select the user.

userAD is the attribute of "Users" object type that stores the username, and it is the attribute I want to use to do the search as it is unique. I´m sure the problem is on the reference to the attribute on the custom field (customfield_10308.userAD)

It works if I reference the object name instead:

object HAVING inboundReferences("Name" = ${customfield_10308.name})

But I don´t want to to this way, as we could have more than one user with the same name (Name attribute stores the full name of the user). So question is if it is possible to reference any attribute of the object type on the placeholder, or only some specific ones, like Name or Label. 

I made id to work using an Insight post function, but i´d rather using an insight custom field Assign scope if possible.

Regards,

Mariano.

1 answer

Hi,

I think that a problem is that this attribute is an Object.

Try use something like that: 

object HAVING inboundReferences(objecttype=User and "Key" = ${customfield_10308.key}) and objectType in ("User")

you can also add "referenceTypes" to this IQL if you have more references:

inboundReferences(IQL, referenceTypes)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

726 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you