Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalised notifications

simran.sharma January 12, 2023

I want to have notification every time someone creates a ticket(only when they create). For example a notification for a certain category of tickets (i.e. High priority, lets say). how can I enable the notification only for myself and not for others?
Can I do it without admin rights or not?

3 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2023

Hi @simran.sharma 

Are you using JSM Cloud? If yes, I think it would be easiest to do this via Automation.

The rule would look something like this:

• Trigger: Issue Created
  • Condition: Issue Fields Condition
    • Field = Priority
    • Condition = equals
    • Value = Highest
  • Action: Send Email
    • To = <Your Email Address>
    • Subject = {{triggerissue.key}} was just created
    • Body = <Text Here>

---

A few notes on this rule:

• If this is for a single Jira Project, and Automation is turned ON at a Project-level, then you could create this rule with just Project Admin
  • {{triggerissue.key}} is a smart value, to dynamically list the Issue Key of the created Issue. You could use this in the Comment Body also - for example, to include a hyperlink to the ticket, the Body might be...
    • <a href="{{url}}">{{triggerissue.key}}</a> was just created.

It has a priority of {{issue.priority}}

---

Let us know if this works for you!

Or, if you're not on Cloud and/or don't have access to Automation in Server/DC, let us know so we can try to think of an alternative solution :)

Ste

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2023

@simran.sharma -

Welcome to the community.  In addition to what @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ and @John Funk suggested.  Here are a few other links regarding to Automation for Jira and SmartValue for your reference -

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/rule-list?systemLabelId=all&page=1&pageSize=20&sortKey=name&sortOrder=ASC

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2023

Hi Simran - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would do that by creating an Automation Rule. Use an Issue Created trigger, add Conditions and then add a new action for Send Email. Then list your email address/username in the To: part of the email in the rule. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events