Permissions for a user to access tickets from all different organizations

KDSI Sàrl December 6, 2022

Hello,

I have a single project and within that client I have 6 different organizations that were created here:

https://xxxxx.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/EVDDGE/organization/

I want to assign all rights to a specific user (customer) to see all tickets from all 6 different organizations.

For now, he only sees tickets from the organization that belongs to him.

How to make ? What's the best way?

Should I invite the same customer in each organization or is there another method?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hi @KDSI Sàrl - The best way to handle this is by adding that customer to each of the 6 organizations.  They would then have visibility to any requests that have been shared to those organizations.  

Caveat - When a customer is tied to one organization, the issue will automatically share with that organization.  When a customer is tied to multiple organizations their share setting will default to "Do not share".  So, you have a couple options:

1. Change Management - Instruct this "power customer" that they will need to be cognizant of selecting an organization so people within their own organization can see the requests they submit.
  2. Separate Customer Account - Consider a separate "admin customer" account that they use for viewing requests vs. their personal account that they use for raising requests.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events