Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions error when trying to publish automation rules

Max Wright January 28, 2022

JiraError.PNG

Hi, here is a screenshot of the error I keep experiencing while trying to create and publish automation rules on the project level on my PROD environment. I am currently in the process of setting up, I am not currently live.

All of my permissions settings are default. 

The system will let me publish the rule if I set the actor to 'The user who triggered the rule', but the automation will not fire at all.

I have a separate sandbox account, with the same exact settings and permission schemes, same exact rule components. It publishes and runs without issues.

Current addons (on both environments) - 

Issue Templates for Jira

Microsoft 365 for Jira

The automation template library also does not load under project automation, 

"An unknown error occurred. Please reload and try again."

The library under global, however, loads just fine. 

Automation rules behave this way in all of the projects on the PROD environment. This is blocking my work. 

What should I do to fix this error?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2022

Hi @Max Wright ,

hopefully you are not my free tier account as I believe you need to contact Atlassian support to look at your account. There is something all about the error message that you've shown on the screen.

Max Wright January 31, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey

Yes that is eventually what I ended up doing. It turns out something weird happened during our provisioning. 

As of this morning, the problem was resolve internally by Atlassian support. 

I appreciate you reaching out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events