Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission for jira service projects

Amanpreet Singh April 12, 2021

Hi there

I was wondering is there any way to create permissions for people in the company to only view and comment on the requests from jira service portal and queue? I don't want them able to change the issue or delete.

Which role would be best for such kind of permissions?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

Users that are set up as service desk customers will only be able to view and comment on the requests via the portal, this the default behavior. Even if they have access to Jira they will not be able to see the JSM projects from within Jira unless you give them access to do that. 

@Mikael Sandberg Hi thanks for your reply. So will they be able to see the issue in queue and comment through here after openinig? or u mean that they will be able to see the issues through the portal?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

The portal is the only place they will be able to see their requests and interact with them. This is what the customer sees if they go to the portal and select Requests:

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 4.20.12 PM.png

Obviously they would see their request in here (my requests are empty because I don't have any open ones in this test project). The only thing the customer can do once they submit a request is to add comments to it and transition it to a different status if your workflow allows them to do that. They also have to option to share their request with others.

@Mikael Sandberg I can only see my request through portal even i am have administrator permission and its same with my coligue who have jira customer role he can see his request

image.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

That’s expected. Unless you are the reporter, a request participant, or part of the organization the request is shared with, you will only see requests you submitted. As an agent you can see all the requests from the agent queue.

@Mikael Sandberg Yes i can see the requests through agent view. So what u recon  would be the best way make this work. So that they can see all the requests. Should i try creating an organization?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2021

Yes, put customers who should see others requests into an organisation together, then you can enable the "see other requests from my organisation" for them.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events