Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant permissions in JSM

Gregg Reaves January 11, 2023

Hi all,

I'm having some difficulties with participant permissions. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

1. The customers who use our support portal are all internal, and under 1 organization, so I'd like to not use the "share with organization" dropdown in the ticket.

2. When a user submits a ticket and begins adding participants, I'd like that to allow participants to view, comment, receive notifications.

Is this possible? I've been working through it for some time now and think I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

@Gregg Reaves -

Welcome to the community.

Here are a few things that you need to do -

1) Under https://<your based>.atlassian.net/jira/settings/products/jira-service-management-configuration UI,  check "Yes" option

2023-01-11_17-10-03.png

2) Under each project's Customer permission UI - (Project settings >> Customer permissions) within the "Customer sharing" section, check the option below -

2023-01-11_17-13-04.png

This should accomplish what you wanted.  NOTE that customer can add requested participants after the issue is created by accessing the "Share" option.  Once participants are added, they will be able to access the issues, comments on the issues, and receives the notification emails.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Gregg Reaves January 17, 2023

Thanks, @Joseph Chung Yin - I appreciate the prompt response! I'm still working with some test users to make sure this satisfies the requirement, but will accept your answer as soon as I'm able to test it

Gregg Reaves January 20, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin I changed those settings and now users can see their participating tickets in 1 project but not the other.

I've combed over all of the settings and everything looks the same. Can you think of any reason this would be?

apologies if this should be a separate topic

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

@Gregg Reaves -

Please note that the change for project level setup, it is done at each project level - for the Project settings >> Customers permissions.  Did you made the change to all of your specific projects?

Best, Joseph

Gregg Reaves January 20, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin yes, I changed the permissions in both projects

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2023

@Gregg Reaves -

Can you provide a bit more details on users can see their participating tickets in 1 project but not the other?

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events