Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST - https://<BASE_URL>/rest/servicedesk/1/customer/models return 500 while checking the status

Dhavval Aarya February 21, 2020

Hi,

I manage jira service desk but lately some of the users have started receiving POST - https://<BASE_URL>/rest/servicedesk/1/customer/models return 500 error while accessing some of the cases from the end user service desk portal. It is not happening with everybody and not on all opened requests and thus I am unsure about the root cause and what to look for. End users get rotating wheel of loading in all browsers such as Chrome, FireFox and Edge and in console window error 500 appears.

Any help would be really appreciated

I have attached 2 screenshots of the error and hope to get some help on this issue. jira-error.jpgjira-sd-error.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2020

Hello @Dhavval Aarya ,

Thanks for reaching out, and the error you are seeing looks to be the scenario described in the following KB relating to not having fields associated to one of the request types in the project triggering the error.  Please check this out and let us know if this is the case:

Regards,
Earl

Dhavval Aarya March 11, 2020

Hello @Earl McCutcheon,

Thank you for the reply but I did check this link before and this is not similar to the error I am getting. In the article, it is mentioned that "When customer navigates to Requests page in customer portal and tries to filter tickets by status a HTTP 500 error is thrown :"  but it is not the case rather, this error occurs when only a particular user click on a particular case opened by him/her.
Moreover the SQL query returned the following error:
"Error Code: 1146. Table 'confluencedb.AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFORM' doesn't exist"

Any help would be really appreciated since it is happening with multiple users now and on multiple cases.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2020

Hi @Dhavval Aarya ,

Thanks for the reply, and looking at the DB error you noted:

"Error Code: 1146. Table 'confluencedb.AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFORM' doesn't exist"

It looks like you are running the query in the Confluence database via the "confluencedb" DBO tag in the output, but the Service Desk data would be located in your Jira database, and I just wanted to make sure your looking in the correct location.

Can you run the queries from the KB in the Jira database and let me know if the error is present?

Regards,
Earl

Dhavval Aarya March 11, 2020

Hello @Earl McCutcheon ,

I am so sorry for the stupid error, i had to ask somebody to execute this query there and I did typo.

The query worked
but 0 lines returned.

Best Regards,

Dhavval

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2020

Hi @Dhavval Aarya ,

Thanks for double checking the query, it is way to easy to get systems crossed when we have so many integrations set up these days, and no worries not a stupid error at all :)

Looking at this deeper I found the following Bug that may be the culprit here, the bug has been fixed in Service Desk versions "4.4.3, 3.16.11, 4.5.3" and later so if you are on an earlier version this is most likely the case. 

The error occurs in earlier versions when there is a hyperlink to another issue is placed in a customer visible comment the a request participant does not have permission to view.  Check out this Bug and let me know if this lines up with your users behavior:

I this is the case upgrading to one of the noted versions or later in each release chain or applying one of the workarounds should sort this out.  The workarounds are as follows where the noted issue keys were from the "Steps to reproduce" section of the Bug:

Workaround

2 possible workarounds:

1. Remove the URL <JIRA_BASE_URL>/browse/BASICSD-3) from the comment added to BASICSD-2
  2. Add the impacted user (customer1) as a participant of the request BASICSD-3

Regards,
Earl

Dhavval Aarya March 17, 2020

Hi @Earl McCutcheon ,

Thanks for the information. All the cases had links from other project. I will update my Jira SD to stable and fixed version and will update you.

Best Regards,

Dhavval

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
0 votes
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

The /models request can also fail in 500 on the Portal side if you have a customfield in the form which has been somehow "disassociated" with that project. For example, a customfield who's context somehow makes it unavailable to that project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events