Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP E-mail error

Ceyda Topuz July 20, 2017

Hi,

Last week we changed our mail service provider. When I realized our Service Desk e-mails are nowhere-to-be-found , I checked our e-mail and tried to fix its e-mail protocol and mail server. As I see this error, I emptied my inbox and re-tried. But this message insisted. 

I logged out and logged in again, but still see this error. So I cannot configurate my e-mail and we're having some serious problems regarding this. We had another problem with service desk already. But to make sure that it is solved, obviously we need to configure e-mail to be able to test it. So this is urgent. Please respond as soon as possible.

e-mail conf.JPGoutlook-empty.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2017

Outlook can sometimes not show messages that are still on that mailbox.  I would recommend that you try to open that mailbox with a different mail client, such as webmail through a browser, or with a client like Mozilla Thunderbird

Try that first, if the mailbox is empty in the other client as well and you still see this error, I would recommend restarting JIRA to see if this helps.   It might also help to take a look at the JIRAHOME/log/ folder for the atlassian-jira.log file as well as the atlassian-jira- incoming-mail.log from around that time.    If JIRA is generating that message, it believes there are still messages on that mailbox for some reason.

Ceyda Topuz July 24, 2017

Thanks Andrew! We solved this issue.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2017

Ceyda, can you share the answer and 'check' it off. If Andrew's response was correct then select the check-mark.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events