Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing email logs Service desk cloud classic service desk

Trena Norcia July 27, 2020

I desperately need outgoing email logs to resolve why issue created notifications are not being sent to gmail accounts.  This is critical to going live.  Could I please get some help with this questions?  Usually questions are never answered?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2020

Hi Trena,

sorry if your questions are not getting answered. My experience is that most post in the Community do get answered for sure.

In any event, I don't use Gmail for any official activity but do have some Gmail accounts for test purposes and have not had issues that I recall. You mention you need "logs to resolve why...". Can you share what your logs are actually showing if anything. Do you have non-gmail accounts that are receiving notifications? I assume you have reviewed your Notification scheme and everything looks good?

Jack, thank you for reaching out.  I have clients that can sent a service request via email (gmail Yahoo etc) the email auto generates a service ticket.  This is all working correctly.  However, issue created notification is not being sent.  This was working in next gen, but due to some limitations we had to migrate to classic and now notifications are not being sent.  Nothing was changed in the scheme.  If I use my company email to test everything works, using my personal gmail and yahoo it does not receive any notifications (issue created or any changes except for cancelled status change). I need to customer to receive the notifications.  The notification help says the reporter receives created notices however they are not being sent.  I need to get this rectified today for a roll out tomorrow?  I can find incoming email logs but no outgoing to try to traces any errors.

Please let me know if you need more information to help me out with this issue.

Jack, thank you for you response I cannot find the outgoing logs to determine why they are not going, notification helper displays created notification is being sent, yet it is not received? Our clients send emails which auto generates a service request.  They are not receiving notifications except when the request is cancelled.  When I use my company email this all works great, when I set myself up as a customer with the organization using my personal account yahoo or gmail the ticket is created however, no notifications are received except when the issue is cancelled.  This was working in next gen but due to limitations we had to migrate to classic service desk and the notifications are not being sent to yahoo or gmail accounts? 

Here are some screen shots hoping this will help resolve the issue:
Customer notifications:
cust notifications.PNG

Default notification Scheme:
default notifi scheme.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2020

is your user (not receiving emails) a Customer or an internal (Agent or collaborator) user? If a customer then the first image applies, whereas internal the later.

Do notifications go to any users?

I edited my reply above to contain more detailed information.  Let me know if this helps.  My client facing meeting is tomorrow and as of now, if they (customer) use their gmail accounts they will not receive notifications.  In testing this prior to switching to classic I was able to receive the notifications in my gmail account?  I am using the same notification scheme, nothing changd.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2020

I'm wondering if this is an IT issue outside of Jira. Can you contact your IT and have them check the outgoing mail server to see if the email is received from Jira and somehow being blocked?

The emails are being received from the gmail account and the ticket is auto generated.  It is the notifications that are not being received to a gmail account?  We did not have this issue prior to switching to classic?  Where are the outgoing email logs to pull from JIRA as I can view the incoming email log?  

I will reach out to our IT to see if mail is being received from JIRA.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2020

You can't view the outgoing email logs unfortunately. You would need to contact Atlassian Support. Was this by chance a 'migration' scenario where you migrated issues from NG to Classic or simply a brand new project? Do you have any other test project (classic) that you can test out?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2020

also, for grins, can you share an image of one of the notifications that is not going thru? go to the Customer notification and click on the Edit link for one of the notifications.

Here is one of the notifications that are not being sent:
compass.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2020

click the edit and let's see the formatting. I don't expect anything here but there is an outside chance something is weird.

I have reached out to IT and nothing is blocked.  
Here is a break down of the issue:
1. email sent from trenagirl@yahoo.com is received and auto generates a service ticket. the only notification reporter receives is when the issue is closed - the create issue and updates are not received.

2. email sent from trena.norcia@nlplogix.com is received and auto generates a service ticket and ALL notifications are received.

Here is the edit screen of issue created:issue created copy.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2020

everything there looks ok (expected). one thing to note is that, unless specifically configured otherwise, a user will not receive notifications for there own actions. I only state this from experience when testing. I always ensure I'm using two accounts for my testing. I use gmail as the Customer and my company email as the agent. But it appears you have that accounted for. I'm scratching my head on what to suggest next. One thing that might be interesting would be to create a test Automation rule to see if you can force an email to your gmail account. If that is successful then it seems to point purely to the Notification action. In that case I would suggest contacting Atlassian Support. Regardless I will continue to contemplate this and if you do find the cause please post as an Answer here to benefit others.

Trena Norcia July 28, 2020

@Jack Brickey I created the auto rule to create the issue create notification and it did not?  So the issue is with in this specific status? I am receiving all notifications except issue created?  I wanted to bring this to your attention, please let me know if there is anything else that I can look into to determine why this one specific notification is not working.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

Hi @Trena Norcia , I came across this email while working another post. Did this ever get resolved. If so can you capture the resolution here?

Trena Norcia October 8, 2020

It did get resolved and actually, now I do not remember the resolution. I wish I had posted it here.  If I come across how it was resolved I will update this ticket.  I do recall it was due to the settings in Jira.  Thanks for reaching back out to ensure it was resolved.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events