Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Jira Admin left w/out assigning a new one. How do I change our Admin now?

Kori.C.Jevsevar July 24, 2024

Our Jira Admin left without assigning a new Admin. His email address has been deactivated at our institution. He doesn't remember his Jira password and can't use the recovery tool because he can no longer access that email account to recover the password. 

Going through the previous answers on here only leads me to the support page that says only Admins can access IT support or create a service ticket. Our previous Admin can't do that because he can't log into Jira.

I am stuck here and unable to gain access to any support. Please help.

2 answers

1 vote
Jim Knepley - ReleaseTEAM
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 24, 2024

Hi @Kori.C.Jevsevar 

This KB article describes the exact situation you're in, based on your observation that "only Admins can access IT support or create a service ticket" hopefully it isn't outdated.

Thank you for you efforts. Your link looked like it was going to provide me an avenue to get support, but the links on that page only led me back to the page that tells me I can't receive support if I'm not an Admin. 

Thank you for taking time to respond to me.

0 votes
Christopher Yen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2024

Hi @Kori.C.Jevsevar ,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Exploring the support options without logging in I believe you can use the general inquiries form and there is an account help dropdown value. Hopefully this can connect you with the right resources to recover your site access. 

https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/general-inquiries#/

2024-07-24 09_16_33-Window.png

Thank you! This avenue gave me the option of submitting a message when selecting "access issues".  The other support page did not give that option (so confusing and frustrating). 

Giving this a shot!! Thanks again for taking time to respond. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events