Our Guest User can't see resolved and closed ticket. The "Status" dropdown is not working.

Mehmet Levent Meriç January 13, 2022

As per our observation, there is a problem with the status dropdown in the user interface that is why the user can not select resolved and closed tickets to observe and manage. 

Although we didn't change any settings for the user and we checked multiple times, we couldn't see any problem. 

We seek your support regarding this issue. It started happening approximately two weeks ago.

Best Regards,

DVM

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi @Mehmet Levent Meriç , welcome to the community.

What exactly do you mean by guest user? Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing and explain what you expect to see. What is displayed in the status drop-down depends on the available transition options. For example if you don't have a transition to closed from the current status then he won't have an option to transition to closed. I would like to see an image of where you are clicking on the drop-down with the available options and I would also like to see an image of the view workflow from that same drop-down.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

My guess is that by "status drop-down", you are looking at the thing that looks like it is listing status, but is not, it is actually the "transition drop-down" that allows you to change status by going through a transition.

@Jack Brickey is pointing out that transitions can be protected, and if a user can see some transitions and not others, that other people can, that's probably what is happening here.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events