Organizations and Customers / Access Rights

Dragana Juren August 21, 2018

I am not sure if I understand access rights for organizations/customer. If I have Organization X, and under it Customer 1, Customer 2, Customer 3. If Customer 3 raises request in service desk, is it shared with Customer 1 and Customer 2?

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

Not automatically unless you configure it to do so under project > project settings > customer notifications. However with them being in the same organization the reporter can add another customer in the same organization as a participant. If email is used to create an issue and another person is CCd they will be added. 

Dragana Juren August 21, 2018

And if they search it they will not see requests from other customers unless it was shared with them? You can see that my concern is security, we would switch to Organization/Customer, I am just afraid of data leakage between customers

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

Correct. where you need to place care is to not mix customers across Organizations. So, you should restrict who is responsible for adding/managing customers.

There is an enhancement request for JSD to support domains for organizations which would be nice - JSDCLOUD-4417 and there is a corresponding server issue as well. I recommend watching and voting on this issue.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events