Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organization sees all tasks:(

Petr A August 10, 2020

Good day!

Can you please tell me if it is possible to prevent the organization from seeing all tasks created by users of this organization? Removing an organization from a task manually is not very convenient.

Maybe there is a setting to disable this?

Screenshot_30.png
Who knows, tell me, please? thanks!!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2020

@Petr A , 

this is kind of why you would like to use automations, so no, you can't disable it if you want to actually use the organisations feature. Having an organisation on the issue = having people in the organisation view the issue. 

But, when creating the issue, the user itself can choose to share or not share with the organisation. 
You can add all users to more than 1 organisation, by that, it defaults to private instead of shared and the user needs to actively select the organisation if they want to share it. 

You could remove the field from the screen and clear the organisation value as postfunction on creation but of course that would remove the organisation from the issue completely. (And might defeat your purpose)

What's your use case? 

Petr A August 10, 2020

Hello Tessa!

Thanks for the answer!

In my case, the organization is used only for convenient storage of users by country and for the access of these organizations to the necessary projects (as a rule, to all the same).

Unfortunately, when a request is created via e-mail to a specific address, the value of the organization is also set (corresponding to being in a particular organization).

If you delete a field in the "request by e-mail" this, unfortunately, does not give the desired result either, the organization disappears from the view, but it still remains and the client can view all requests created by the organization.

Unfortunately, I also cannot change the empty default values ​​for the organization parameter. "this configuration item is locked by Jira" and its configuration cannot be changed.

Of course, you can manually remove an organization from the request every time, this is very fast, but not very convenient ... (((((

I have not dealt with post-functions, if you could tell me what it might help, I would love to!

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

Hi @Petr A , 

Manual removal seems very tedious indeed, and unsafe if you are not fast enough and sensitive data could be leaked. 

if you have JSU as an app, you have a postfunction called "update any issue field", where you can clear the value after creation (but before the event as to not send mails), or with scriptrunner you could script it yourself. 

But, for your usecase, perhaps you could shift from organisations to usergroups, that should give you the same benefits without all the other repercussions. 

Like # people like this
Petr A August 14, 2020

@Tessa Tuteleers thanks a lot, got it!! :) 

Like Tessa Tuteleers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events