cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimal way to consolidate a number of similar forms

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2022

Hi there,

I am looking consolidating down a number of forms to display less on the portal, but each turn I take I come up with an issue.

Let's says there are 4 portal groups and they have between 4 and 6 forms in each group.  A lot of these forms are identical except they are capturing one field different.

My first thought was create a 'Forms' form in JSM and have a Request Type drop down which controls a number of sections on the form for conditional visibility.  This way their 'Make a Request' form is basically down to one and customers make a single choice in the drop down box.  I was thinking or mapping this to a 'Request' custom field as there is automation needed to automatically assign a team based on the request.

BUT

then I was thinking that is a lot of selections in the one drop down box, so instead of 1 big form, have 1 form per group of forms represented in the 4 portal groups - so there would be 4 request forms.  These forms work the same way to have fields display based on what is selected in the drop down box, but just less to choose from.

Then I hit a snag.  Seeing I am mapping the field on the form to the Jira custom field to show the request types, it still shows all the request types that are in the custom field.  Remembering I need the custom field mapped as I need to be able to leverage the selected request type from the form for automation to assign teams and such.

I know turned wordy.. but in a nutshell, I am trying to consolidate a heap of requests down to a smaller number of forms and was hoping to leverage 'forms' but ground to a halt on how to track the selected request type from the form.

1 answer

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Ste404 ,

You have opened a question under the Opsgenie Community - but these seems related to maybe JSM or another project?

Can you please confirm what product this questions is related to?

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

wow sorry about that, I am totally in the wrong place :)  I was looking at an Opsgenie issue but then got side tracked by my JSM question.  

Ignore me.

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2022

No worries! I'll get that transferred over now @Ste404 

Like Ste404 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events