cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One insight field cannot be copied between two JSM Cloud projects in automation

Bin Liang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

In my HR JSM Cloud project, an automation rule creates multiple linked issues in IT JSM Cloud project.

At least 3 insight custom fields are copied to IT linked issues. (Employee) Name, New Department and New Manager. The first two fields are copied fine. The New Manager field value cannot be copied over successfully.  Name field and New Manager field are against the same Insight object. None of them uses Filter Issue Scope (IQL). I can manually set the value in New Manager field in IT linked issues. But I am puzzled why the rule cannot copy the field.

By the way, a weird thing may be related. If I navigate to the HR issue by clicking the hyperlink in the linked issue section of anyone of the linked IT issue, then the New Manager field is blank in the HR issue. If I reload the page in the browser, the URL in the browser address bar is same for the HR issue. Then the New Manager field value shows up. This can be replicated again and again.

Please advise where I should look into.  Thanks much!!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events