On the customer portal, can we show to customers a screen and make him enter some field ?

Berat Altunhan May 16, 2023

Hello everyone,

We have the service management project and we allow '' show transition in the customer '' on the workflow. Therefore, our customers can see that for specific status in help center. Can we create a screen for customers when they advance the status in help center and enable them to enter the field on that screen?

For instance, the customer advance the issue from In progress to Resolved, Can we bring him a screen and ask him to fill in the relevant field on that screen?

I hope I've been able to explain it clearly.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Berat Altunhan 

You can not do it out-of-the-box. Jira only opens a pop-up with comment for portal users.

There are add-ons in the marketplace. I had a chance to use the Actions before.

Berat Altunhan May 16, 2023

Thanks a lot @Tansu Akdeniz 

2 votes
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Berat Altunhan ,

"Show transition on the customer portal" allows you only present the possibility to change status from one to another by the customer, for example, Escalation. The customer can add a comment, but there are no other fields.

If you want to implement transition screens with fields to fill or edit values, you can use the app provided by our team: Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management. What's more, with this app you can also add more features to your customer portal, so it can be a good investment to solve more use cases in your company. You can always book a demo session with us and we can discuss your needs: calendly.com/appsvio Keep in mind that this app is paid but free for up to 10 users.

Hope it helps.

Kate

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2023

@Berat Altunhan -

I agreed with @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ add-on.  It is a tool that would benefit your needs as it is a features-riched add on for a given Cloud env.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders