Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Jira Service Desk is there a way to set up email response reminders for agents?

Clarisse Sinnot November 2, 2020

I want to set up email reminders for a certain time period after the ticket has been assigned/ acknowledged. As well as future reminders until the ticket is solved. 

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2020

Hello Clarisse.

You can set up an automation rule for that.

For example, let's say you want this rule to be performed :

If my ticket is in the same state for 24 hours, I want the assignee to be reminded that a ticket has arrived. It will look like this. I let you come back to me if you have problems ;)

Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 14.22.53.png

Clarisse Sinnot November 4, 2020

Thank you!

Like Flavien Gache likes this
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2020

You're welcome. If you don't mind, can you accept my answer please ;) ? Thank you.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2020

Hey @Clarisse Sinnot ,

As you are on cloud you can use the Automation engine to do that.

You could:

1. Set up a rule that uses a "scheduled" trigger to run every hour/every few hours/every day to query for issues that have not been updated for x amount of time. Then based on the result of that JQL send an email to the assignee.
  2. Another way to do this is to create a dummy SLA that starts counting has a specific goal being your reminder time. Once breached you can then set an automation action to send out the mail.

the drawback of 2. is that you need to set up multiple cycles and have an SLA breach multiple times.

For me with the addition of the "Scheduled" trigger in the Automation engine you could use that one  to send out multiple reminders based on your JQL

Clarisse Sinnot November 5, 2020

Thank you!

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 3, 2020

Hi @Clarisse Sinnot 

Also, you can try SLA Time and Report. It works for Service Desk tickets and Jira Core or Software issues. This app lets you set SLA timer with goals and automated action for issues with branched time goals. These automated actions can be notification, change of status, assigned, or priority.  So I think this app can help you.

Best regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events