Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Odd spelling of Work Categories

Hi,

Have a very odd problem setting the correct spelling for a work category.

This is via work categories>Service Requests>Audio Visual Problems...

For an unknown reason the spelling of Audio has changed to Audion?

In the setting area it is correct as Audio, in the customer helpdesk it has changed to Audion?

This has only recently changed with no administrator input, running for a month or more.

Any suggestions on how to fix?  

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Leader Apr 29, 2022

Are you the administrator? If so you should be able to correct via project settings.

Yes, I'm an administrator.

In the settings area, the spelling is correct - when you view the helpdesk it is wrong.  I have logged out and back in again and restarted the computer resetting the cache but no luck.

A little gremlin!

Jack Brickey Community Leader May 04, 2022

Hi @Stephen Mollison ,

so I'm a bit lost on exactly where you're going and what you're looking at. I don't see "work categories" on my projects but can navigate to Service requests. Which is not surprising given the fact that they have been so many changes and there's so many variations of new things associated with  ITSM projects. I was playing around with some of my test ITSM projects but I'm not saying the same thing you are as far as navigation. Would you mind sharing full screenshots of where you're looking. I'm wondering too if you were on a TMP or CMP project?

Hi Jack,

A few screenshots for you - the first is the configuration for the portal, with the correct spelling.  The other two are from the customer helpdesk showing how this displays.

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 09.25.31.pngScreenshot 2022-05-13 at 09.25.06.pngScreenshot 2022-05-13 at 09.24.59.png

Jack Brickey Community Leader May 13, 2022

So I believe this is a misspelling in the Request type. If you are an admin go to project settings > Request types and see if this is the case and can be corrected there.

Hi Jack,

This is the cryptic problem, the screenshot of the common requests in the portal settings area and in the Request type shows the correct spelling...  when you set this and go back to the customer help desk the spelling changes.  It was never set as Audion and appeared during many weeks of testing.

See further screenshots

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 13.46.59.pngScreenshot 2022-05-13 at 13.46.48.png

Hi Jack,

Just found the problem which stems from the translation section - as the default is English United States and I have set English United Kingdom it created a translation for Audio as Audion which filtered through from the Request Type to the customer helpdesk.

I was accessing the portal settings from the Request type pathway where the administrator can change the header title as you referred with no luck. 

I found this by chance when I was looking how to set English United Kingdom as the default language when I spotted the error.

I have now corrected this and all is well. 

Thank you for your time to help.

Kind regardsScreenshot 2022-05-18 at 11.00.37.png

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 11.01.11.pngSteve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Improving the Create Issue Experience in Jira Service Management Cloud

Hello everyone!  We are very excited to announce some much needed changes to the issue create experience in JSM (the blue "create" button) at the top of the screen.  We have just starte...

207 views 7 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you