Notify customer when an internal note is added

Ricardo Rodrigues May 20, 2021

Hi all,

We have a Jira Service project currently in use and want to enable more visibility into the status of tickets. We'd like the project to send a notification to the customer when an internal note is added to the ticket.

I attempted to create a custom notification, but it's not working.

jira cust notification.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hey @Ricardo Rodrigues ,

Unfortunately I'm not surprised that this doesn't work;

Before sending notifications, Jira checks if the receiver have the correct permissions on the issue. In this case, a JSM customer doesn't have the permission to view the internal comment, hence I'm not surprised he/she doesn't receive it.

As far as I know, there is no way to send such a notification but I'll be happy to learn if someone has a better answer.

Ricardo Rodrigues May 20, 2021

What's odd is that I created a dummy ticket under my name, assigned to myself and when I added an Internal note there was no notification. I assume as the project owner I would have the appropriate permissions to see these internal comments.

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Where you added to the project as a Service Desk Customer too ? If not, it explains why you don't creceive the customer notifications.
II would actually be curious of how this rules acts if you're at the same time Service Desk Customer and Service Desk Team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events