Notifications

sophie.jim May 31, 2022

Hi there,

I would like users to receive the notification email so they can reply directly through that email and have the reply reflect as a new comment in the jira issue.

However, even though I set the Request Participants to receive the email when the issue is created and updated, they do not receive any email.

Can I know if there is any workaround or how I can fix this? Thank you.

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 11.06.17 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hi @sophie.jim ,

Service Desk notification is not done through the notification scheme. You would need to go to customer notifications to configure the service desk notifications. 

Request participants can only receive e-mail for created issues if they were add from the creation of the ticket.

Here's a documentation link regarding JSM notifications:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-notifications-do-my-customers-and-service-desk-team-receive/

-Ben

sophie.jim May 31, 2022

Hi @Benjamin , Thank you for the explanation.

Can I know if I want the email reply to become a new comment of the jira issue, what I should do? Thank you.

sophie.jim May 31, 2022

Right now, users can reply to this email then the reply will be a new comment in the jira issue. We would like to do the same for Request participants.

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 3.30.10 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events