Notifications not being sent to assignee

B Morling June 22, 2014

Hi,

Recently (Perhaps since upgrading to v6.2 from 5.x) users for one particular project mentioned they have stopped receiving notifications of issues being assigned to them from other project members. The project uses the default notification scheme which is set to notifiy the current assignee's, reporters and watchers for every event, including "Issue Assigned" and "Issue Updated". The users do have permission to see all the project cases in case that's relevant.

The notification helper shows the users should be receiving notifications for the 'Issue Assigned' events but that is not the case. When I've tested it using my account it seems to work. I've monitored the users mailbox's to ensure it's not simply been seen a junk mail or anything Outlook related.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Regards,
Blake

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
B Morling June 26, 2014

This turned out to be bug tracked at JRA-36443. Atlassian support managed to find it.

Basically it was an issue with the avatars that stopped the emails from being created...

1 vote
Andrew Mirauta January 26, 2021

Hi guys, I'm seeing this issue in 2021, any updates that may have broken your fix?

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2014

Hi Blake

Basically there is 2 bug reports which could be related to your current issue:

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-323

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-446

However it is being fix in the later version of JIRA Service Desk perhaps you would like to have a read on these bug reports see whether if it relates to your issue.

B Morling June 23, 2014

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I've tagged this wrong sorry, this is for JIRA, not JIRA Service Desk. I must have tagged that by mistake sorry, I don't even have JSD installed sorry.

JSD-323 expects I would see them stuck in the mail queue which I don't.

JSD-446 seems to be unique to the service desk... That would explain why the issue is listed under the JSD project... Sorry again!

I've just spoken to the users again, apparently once the a assignee has viewed or edited a case, they receive notifications correctly from then on when the issues are passed back for fourth.

Regards,
Blake

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events