Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications are going to my other Atlassian account

Kieron Smith January 27, 2021

I have two accounts with Atlassian, one personal and one work.  My work account is connected to Jira Service Management.

Ticket update notifications are going to the email address associated with my personal account.  My personal account is not connected with JSM.

Has anybody seen this before?

How could these accounts have become linked?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2021

Hello @Kieron Smith,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, I can see that your main account (the same you are using here in the community) has permission on Service Management as an agent.

In this case, maybe your personal account is listed as a Customer, so if your personal account is added as a participant, or if it's a member of an organization that is added to the ticket, your personal account will receive notifications.

What may be happening is that, when someone searches for you on a ticket, in order to mention you, for example, instead of selecting the correct account, they are selecting your customer account. If your full name is the same on both, it might be confusing if someone else is searching, so they can select the incorrect one.

Please, ask a site administrator to go to the Cog icon > User management > Jira Service Management and delete/inactivate your customer account. 

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Kieron Smith January 28, 2021

Yes, it turns out that this was essentially the right answer.

Problem was that we allowed ticket creation from anyone so there were too many customers and my alternative email was buried in there too, obviously used for testing at some point.  Because it was wrongly within an organisation it was watching all those tickets which had made me believe that it had some admin-level role like my work account.

Cleaned and settings tweaked.

Thank you, Angélica!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events